So, here is an example of a platter from Bubba Gump's that cost $23.00 . First of all, that's about 2 hours of work for most of us. Thats 23 McChickens. That's about the cost of 3 days of groceries. We all have to admit that we do, more than occasionally eat out. So how do you save money when you eat out??1. Consider Street Vendors and Food Trucks. Everybody enjoys eating out. But eating out does not always mean eating in an expensive diner. Consider going to a park with some friends or a companion and purchase food from street vendors and/or food trucks. Each item will cost you an average of $5; a fraction of the price of the pasta above!
2. Skip the drinks. I always bring water bottles when I go out, simply because I refuse to pay $2+ for a soft drink. Trust me, these meager $2's do add up if you always end up purchasing a drink. Or if you go with a companion, just buy 1 if you must really have a drink. After all, most restaurants offer free refills.
3. Go to the restaurants during happy hour. What's not to love with discounted food?
4. Skip appetizers and dessert. Come on, do you really need these? You only really need a 1 course meal. If you must really divulge on dessert, purchase sweets at a grocery store and take it to a nearby park and enjoy! =D
5. Drink your coffee at home. $3-$5/day at Starbucks do add up to about $150/month, $1800...All on coffee?!
6. The best way to save on food....Eat at home...Not everyone are cooks, (I for example can only prepare cereal), but best learn to save money!
And if you must really eat out...Then check out some cheap diners I will post in another post so stay tuned! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment